Are you looking for the best alternatives to the TRX suspension trainer? There is no denying the fact that TRX trainers are a valuable addition to your mobile personal training equipment or gym.
Aside from the fact that suspension trainers are one of the most versatile tools to promote functional training, this piece of equipment is incredibly transportable if you’re a mobile trainer and allows gym owners alike to make the most out of their gym’s square footage. Additionally, using these fitness tools is an excellent way to offer a greater variety of workouts and cater to a broader range of clientele.
The first and most well recognized suspension trainer is the TRX Suspension Trainer, originally developed by a former US Navy Seal. Because it was the first to market, the TRX is as synonymous to suspension trainer as “Kleenex” is to facial tissues. However, let’s face it— TRX suspension trainers are too expensive for trainers on a budget. This is especially true if you are planning to invest in multiple suspension trainers for couples training or as backup.
But did you know that you can find suspension trainers that are comparable to the performance of TRX trainers but are a lot more affordable? Yes, you can!
In this article, let us discover the best alternatives to the TRX Suspension Trainer for a fraction of the cost! Continue reading if you want to learn more about these alternatives.
A Comparison Table of the Best TRX Suspension Trainer Alternatives
The best way to determine which is the best TRX suspension trainer alternative for you is to take a look at their technical specs. Luckily for you, I have compiled everything you need to know in this comparison table:
Best Alternatives to the TRX Suspension Trainer
Due to their brand recognition and quality, the TRX is the most popular line of suspension trainers. You know, the ones with the famous yellow and black color scheme? Well, as a fitness professional, your primary concern with buying more a “cheaper” suspension trainers is the safety of your clients. I totally get that. The worst thing would be for a client to be leaning back during a set of horizontal rows, only to have the strap snap or break. Yikes! (Just another reason you should have personal training insurance).
That’s why I will share with you what you can expect when opting for these TRX alternatives. If you’re excited to find a more affordable option to the TRX suspension trainer, keep on reading!
1. TRX GO Suspension Training Kit
- ALL LEVELS, ALL GOALS – TRX GO is a lightweight Suspension Trainer, easy to use at home or on the go, easy to pack & travel. Perfect for fun, fast and effective workouts in as little as 20 minutes per day. Workout anywhere, anytime and advance at your own pace.
- ONE POUND WONDER – Includes Suspension Training Strap, Indoor/Outdoor Anchors & Mesh Carry Bag. Download TRX Training App for hundreds of workouts by world-class trainers. TRX GO is the perfect Home Gym complement for all types of training.
- PROVEN RESULTS – Bodyweight Suspension Training has been proven to increase muscular activation, reduce injury risk and accelerate results. TRX allows you to build lean muscle, burn fat, increase range of motion, and improve your performance in life and sport.
- SAFETY-TESTED – TRX is safety-tested to support bodyweight up to 700 pounds. TRX has been used for over 10 years by the US Military, Pro Sports teams, and world-class athletes worldwide and comes with our full TRX two-year Superior Quality Warranty.
- YOUR TRIAL TO THE TRX TRAINING CLUB APP: Experience unlimited access to 500+ on-demand workouts: weight training, cardio, cross-training, sport athleticism, resistance and mobility training, and prehab and rehab. Find 100s of workouts for every goal! All workouts guided by world-class certified TRX trainers.
You may be wondering why I included TRX Go as one of the TRX alternatives. Since our goal is to find an affordable option to TRX, I included TRX Go as the baseline comparison because it is the most affordable and slimmed-down TRX-brand suspension trainer available.
As compared to other TRX brand suspension trainers such as the TRX Pro or TRX Home, the TRX Go also offers a more portable and lightweight option. These two characteristics make it more comparable to that of the other suspension trainers that you will find on the list.
What makes this stand out is its patented locking loop, which is a great safety feature that will allow you to maximize your workout without any risk of slipping. You can only find this feature in TRX trainers.
Also, this is the only suspension trainer kit in the list that has a single anchor point. As compared to the other trainer kits which have dual anchor, this is easier to set up.
- As a TRX suspension trainer, you can have access to digital workouts when you purchase this.
- Its strap has premium webbing, which will ensure that the straps will be in parallel with the user’s body and will not cause any inconvenience during the workout.
- It also features integrated handles and foot cradles for maximum comfort and durability.
- The kit also includes two anchoring solutions and mesh travel for versatility and portability.
- All TRX products are rated for a recommended maximum weight limit of 350 lbs.
- Includes a 35-page workout guide.
- The handles come with foam grip, which may retain odor and are challenging to clean.
- As compared to the TRX Pro, the straps of TRX GO are narrower and have a slightly less durable feel to them.
2. Fitindex Bodyweight Resistance Suspension Training
No products found.
Despite its low price, you will be surprised to discover that the manufacturers did not skimp on quality and features!
Let’s go straight to your primary concern—the safety and durability of this equipment. For your information, the main resistance straps are made of highly durable nylon material and can be adjusted so you can guide clients through the full range of motion for all exercises.
And of course, we have to talk about the buckles. You can connect the kit using two types of alloy—a triangle buckle and two hoist buckles. All buckles are made of durable thick zinc alloy material designed to keep clients safe during workouts.
The suspension trainer is also designed with the user’s comfort in mind. It comes with a non-slip handle and textured design, so your hands will not slip while you work out.
As an added bonus, this is one of the complete suspension training kits that comes with 4 resistance loop bands. Each resistance band has different weight capacities so you can try a more versatile bodyweight workout routine.
- Includes a black storage bag so you can take your suspension trainer with you.
- The anchor is easy to set up so you can quickly start your workouts in just a few seconds.
- The included resistance bands range from 10 to 25 lbs.
- Its main strap has numbered segments for fast and easy adjustment of its length.
- The door anchor comes with a wide surface for easy installation.
- There are no instructions on how to set up the suspension trainers.
- The feet straps are designed for people with big feet.
3. MOULYAN Bodyweight Resistance Training Straps
No products found.
If you’re loading your movements or working with clients with larger builds, you may want to consider the MOULYAN training straps as your TRX alternative. The nylon training straps are designed and have been tested to support up to 1,000 pounds of resistance.
Now, let’s discuss the strap’s brilliant design. The strap’s patented design was developed with the convenience of the user in mind. During pushing movements when the user is facing away from the anchor point, most suspension trainers’ strap’s will be twisted in an upright position, which tends to rub or and chafe the user’s upper body. The straps of the Moulyan Training Straps are designed to run parallel to the body and lay flat, so it won’t irritate or cut the user.
Aside from the straps, all of the accessories have a high weight bearing capacity. The handle can support up to 250 lbs (580 kilograms) while the carabiners can accommodate up to 1,000 lbs (2,500 kilograms).
- You can carry this suspension trainer with you wherever you go as it comes with a black drawstring mesh bag.
- The suspension trainer and each of its accessories are designed for high-intensity workouts.
- The strap, its handles, and ankle rings are adjustable in length and sizes.
- It includes a resistance band set so you can enjoy more exercise combinations.
- In addition to a door anchor, the kit includes a wall mount with screws for a more permanent and secured mounting option.
- Users find it difficult to adjust the length of the straps because of the buckles’ position.
- The guide does not include instructions on how to set up the straps.
4. Clothink Bodyweight Resistance Straps Training Kit
No products found.
In a world filled with nylon resistance straps, there is the Clothink training kit with polyester straps.
Polyester is known to have a higher UV resistance, so it’s a better option when exercising outdoors. It is also resistant to mold, mildew, shrinking, and rotting, and should, therefore, last longer.
Another unique feature of this trainer that you can’t find in most suspension trainers is its foot ring limiter. This simple feature allows the user to adjust the ankle strap. As a result, the strap can fit and support shoes and feet of different shapes and sizes.
This is one feature you can’t find in any type of TRX suspension trainers, so it’s a big plus!
- Includes an exercise book so you can explore different workout options.
- The kit offers two types of mounting options, including a door anchor and a wall mount.
- You can also find a 39-inch extension strap for added versatility so you can hold training sessions wherever you want.
- It also includes a 35-lb elastic resistance band to vary workouts.
- It comes with a drawstring bag so you can work out on the go.
- The carrying bag is of low quality.
- The handle design does not allow rotation in the handle’s grip, which can be an issue when doing movements such as triceps extensions and bicep curls.
5. KEAFOLS Suspension Trainer
- 【SIMPLE TO USE】 — Simple and easy to use the band for upper and lower body exercises that can be performed anywhere, such as on the door, is ideal for conditioning and rehabbing muscles as well as specific workout for yoga, crossfit, lower body pilates, rotator cuff strengthening, and running.
- 【MULTI – FUNCTIONAL】 This Fitness Kit can used for multiple exercises, such as general exercise, stretching, strength building, power weight programs.
- 【SUPER QUALITY】Our exercise Workout straps are easy on skin and free from defects and and will provide you with a worry free experience. This straps set can be integrated seamlessly with every popular workout program including Insanity, Crossfit, Beach Body, Yoga, Pilates and more.
- 【ADJUSTBALE STRAPS】 Adjustable Connection for consistent tension during any exercise. Meaning you can adjust the length of the Fitness strap strapfor your individual needs. Work your Arms, Abs, Legs, Back and more!
- 【FULL MUSCLE BUILDING】The packeage includes:Main Workout straps X 2, Door Anchor X 1, Handle Strap X 2, Foot Cradles X 2, Mesh Bag X 1.Provides comprehensive workout muscles such as arms, legs, chest, shoulders, abdominals, back and butt.
This TRX alternative made the list because I like how the manufacturer put a lot of thought into the strap’s design and quality reinforcements. The stitching is reinforced all buckles and clasps are solid.
That’s not all. The hand grip and foot straps feature an interchangeable design so you can swap depending upon each exercise. The hand grip and foot strap snap in and out with buckles that mirror airplane seatbelts for quick setup. What does this mean for you as a personal trainer? This means that your clients can use the hand and foot straps independently to avoid any unnecessary dangling or fumbling so that they can focus on the exercise itself.
While the buckles that attach the hand and foot straps are definitely a selling point to this item, they are indeed heavy duty. This means that you’ll have to be a bit cautious when using setting the straps down against doors that you don’t want to damage. This isn’t a big deal, but something to keep in mind.
- Separate hand grips and foot straps for specific exercises
- The heavy-duty buckle mechanism of this strap can quickly attaches and detaches for easy setup.
- The door mount and all other accessories seem sturdy.
- It also comes with a mesh carry bag for portability.
- No provided instructions on how to assemble the kit.
- Heavy buckles can damage door if not set down with caution.
6. Elevtab Bodyweight Resistance Weight Training Kit
This is one of the kits that is manufactured using polyester material. As compared to nylon, polyester dries quickly, so maintenance is less of an issue with this training kit. Additionally, polyester has higher UV resistance, so its color won’t easily fade. Due to its nature, it can hold color longer and is considered to be much more suitable for outdoor use.
The main reason I included this in the list of the best TRX alternatives is that it has a high weight capacity. You will be surprised to discover that this suspension trainer has been tested to have a bearing capacity of over 800 lbs. Outstanding.
Not only that—it also comes with longer elastic bands for full body exercises. One convenient feature is that you can attach the handles of your resistance straps to the rope.
- One of the most affordable TRX alternatives on the list.
- Includes a carry bag so you take your suspension training kit wherever you train.
- Includes extension straps that allow you to quickly set up the kit in any space.
- The handles can be somewhat slippery.
- It’s difficult to adjust the length of the straps.
7. Lifeline Jungle Gym XT Suspension Trainer
- Lightweight resistance training alternative to weights
- Low impact workouts great for rehab
The first time I saw this suspension trainer, I was impressed with how high-end it looks. Its color combination is superior, and the build quality is comparable to that of the TRX. But of course, there are a lot more things that we need to consider than how it looks.
That’s why I took a look at its features and boy, and it did not disappoint. The feature that sets the Lifeline Jungle Gym XT apart is its split anchor design. The Lifeline Jungle Gym XT was one of the first suspension trainer alternatives to offer this unique feature which allows the user to enjoy a broader range of exercises. Because of the split anchor points, the number of exercises you can perform with this is a lot more than what you can do with TRX straps.
But wait, there’s more. The kit contains two door anchors and strap end-adjusters, which allows you to quickly adjust the bands length.
Yes, you read that right. You no longer need to go down, unbuckle the straps, and adjust the bands! Indeed, convenience is one of the things that this product offers.
- The red-and-black color combination of the straps looks sleek and stylish.
- When you consider the features of this trainer kit, I can say that it already gives you value for your money, especially when you think about its affordable price.
- The handles do not absorb sweat, so you can just simply wipe it down.
- The straps feature cam buckles designed to help you adjust the strap’s length in the fastest and easiest way possible.
- The dual anchor system enables additional exercise combinations.
- The feet cradles are a bit narrow and may not be suitable for people with wide feet.
- The handles don’t rotate. Because of this, it can be uncomfortable to perform specific exercises.
- The red strap clips tend to slip and don’t hold the strap in place well, resulting in extra slack of the strap at times.
8. ComCor all-in-one Bodyweight Suspension
No products found.
This is probably the simplest suspension trainer on this list. However, you should not judge the book by its cover.
The manufacturer integrated a few functional yet straightforward features that make the straps suitable for both beginners and seasoned users.
For one, the handles are covered with industrial-grade yet soft and comfortable foam grips. The foam material is high-quality and is easy to clean and will last for years.
My favorite feature is its double strap attachment, which allows the user to attach it to two anchors. Separate anchors allow for a variety of movements, single-handed movements and other levels of resistance.
- The foot slings are removable so they won’t get in the way while you’re using the handles.
- The grips are flat to minimize chafing issues.
- It comes with a carrying pouch.
- The company offers a lifetime warranty for product defects.
- Made in the USA.
- The kit doesn’t include any mount.
- No instructions provided on how to use the system so new users may get confused.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best TRX Suspension Trainer Alternative
Suspension trainers are designed to provide a versatile full-body workout without the use of any machines. With the portability, size, and weight of these suspension trainers, you can bring this with you to your clients’ training sessions anywhere and anytime!
If you want to make the most of your investment, you need to ensure that the suspension trainer you choose will not just give you value for your money but also has the features that suit your needs. To find the best TRX trainer alternative, here are some of the factors you should consider:
The materials used in the construction of suspension trainers will determine its level of safety. The most durable suspension trainer material would be nylon with metal buckles and are secured using a carabiner.
Suspension trainers are designed for portability. Because of this, you will mostly find variations that can be fastened to a door or wrapped around a horizontal bar or tree limbs.
These days, many suspension trainers come with added mounting options. Most packages now include a wall mount that you can install in the walls or ceiling of your home permanently with bolts. In this way, you can attach the straps to the mount whenever you want to exercise at home.
Suspension trainers will either have a single or multiple anchor points. The handles are connected at a single point or not connected at all.
The good thing about the ones with a single anchor point is they are easier to install. But since both straps are attached to a central location, the movement and workouts you can perform are limited.
On the other hand, suspension trainers with two anchor points will allow you to do a more comprehensive range of exercises, including pull-ups and dips. However, they require a bit more work to install.
The type of handle material will determine how comfortable your client will feel while using the suspension trainer. The material used can also help improve grip. The most common handle materials are foam or rubber.
Foam handles feel a lot more comfortable, as they are soft and sponge-like. However, they do not offer the best grip and tend to absorb sweat and may begin to crumble over time. If you tend to sweat a lot, rubber handles are your best bets since these have an excellent grip and will prevent your hands from slipping.
Your clients will be exerting high amounts of force on the straps. That’s why you need to make sure that the straps are designed to handle the demand of your workouts.
As such, you should check the strap’s maximum weight capacity. Ideally, the straps must at least have a maximum weight capacity of 300 to 350 lbs. Since you will use the trainer for professional purposes with clients of all sizes, look for options that offer a higher weight capacity (400+ lbs).
While very few if any suspension trainer exercises would require that one’s full bodyweight be used, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Must-Have Suspension Trainer Features
An extender functions as a supplemental strap that will connect the main straps of the suspension trainer to your gym’s ceiling. This would come handy if the ceiling in your gym is too high or for when you need to reach that sturdy branch outdoors.
As a fitness coach, you must consider the different heights, hand and foot shapes, and sizes of the clients you will work with. Adjustable straps will ensure that your clients will feel comfortable while using the suspension trainer.
For portability, most suspension trainers come with a lightweight carrying bag. Nothing fancy here, but it gets the job done.
There are hundreds of exercises one can do with a suspension trainer. This is what makes them so useful! Although you’re probably well-versed on many of them, to help you make the most out of your purchase, you should look for one that includes an exercise guide that may help provide you with workout programming ideas.
Which TRX Suspension Trainer Alternative Should You Use as a Personal Trainer?
Let’s face it. It’s tough to stand up to the TRX brand and quality, but many different competitors are doing a great job at it.
The must-have characteristics of the best alternatives to the TRX suspension trainer are durable straps, comfort and safety features, and the inclusion of a portable bag, extender, and additional elastic bands.
But since you are looking for a suspension trainer that you can use with your clients, you should also consider the adjustability of the ankle rings and straps, maximum weight capacity, and mounting options. These features will ensure that the suspension trainer you choose will be suitable for most of your clients.
Considering these features, my recommendation is no other than the Lifeline Jungle Gym XT Suspension Trainer because it has a high weight capacity of 600 lbs and industrial-strength suspension straps. Most of all, it has a split anchor design that can accommodate added types of workouts.
Despite having these fantastic features, the surprising thing is this is one of the most affordable trainers on the list. It is undoubtedly a great steal!
If you want to enjoy all of the benefits that this suspension trainer offers, purchase one now so your clients can enjoy more variety in their workouts!