Do you have clients who are tired of exercising regularly and sticking to a healthy diet, yet their weight remains the same? As a trainer, I’ve been there. It is frustrating for them. More than that, it can be exasperating for you too.
But wait, did you tell your clients that the weight on the scale is just one side of the story?
As a fitness professional, you already know that reaching your fitness goals goes beyond just measuring and keeping track of your body weight.
Here’s the thing:
When your client’s goal is to lose weight and slim down, you should also take time to measure body composition and not just overall weight.
It is important that your clients understand that working out and eating the right amount of protein can help build muscle. When their lean muscle mass increases, their body weight may stay the same even if they have already lost body fat.
To help you to accurately determine if their weight loss efforts are working or if changes have to be made to their fitness program, you also need to keep track of their body fat. One of the most convenient devices that you can use for this is a bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) scale or body fat scale.
In this review, let’s discover which of the best bioelectrical impedance analysis scales is the best one for this purpose!
A Sneak Peek at the Technical Specs of Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis Scales
Here’s an overview of the technical specs of the best BIA body fat scales of 2020:
A Closer Look at the 4 Best Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis Scales
You’re already familiar with their specs. But what can you expect when you use these body fat scales? That is what we will discuss below:
Without further ado, here is the information you need to know about the best Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis Scales:
1. Innotech Body Fat Digital Scale
The Innotech Smart Body Fat Scale uses 4 built-in sensors to accurately deliver 9 body composition measurements, including body fat, weight, muscle mass, water, BMR, BMI, visceral fat, protein, and bone mass.
The only measurement you can see on your scale is the body weight. You can find all the other metrics on the Innotech Scale app, which your clients can download on your smartphone or any other mobile fitness devices.
Syncing and setting up the app only takes a few seconds. After installing application, they can already see their stats in both numbers and graphics presented in an easy-to-understand format.
Along with the latest measurements, they can also find records of their fitness measurements in a daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format. With the availability of this information, you and your clients can easily track their progress.
If durability is your concern, you will be happy to know that this device is made of resilient tempered glass with an extended surface area built for durability.
- The manufacturer’s customer service representatives are US-based so that you can expect a prompt response to your inquiries.
- It has long-lasting battery life.
- The purchase of this scale is covered by a 30-day free exchange and return policy and a 12-month warranty.
- The size of the device is perfect for people with big and wide feet.
- With its 4 built-in sensors, the machine promises to give you measurements with high precision. This means that it can measure within 0.2 pounds of your real weight.
- Batteries are not rechargeable.
- The app is difficult to troubleshoot.
2. Yunmai Premium Smart Scale
Before we get down to brass tacks, can I just say that this is probably the most stylish body fat scale you can ever see? The scale features thin edges and a curved shell bottom that looks stunning. As if that’s not enough, the scale has circular edges and a circular LED screen that gives it a distinct look.
But don’t just think that this smart scale is only for aesthetics. Its promise to provide you 10 body measurements in 10 seconds proves that its features are just as futuristic as its looks. The body composition metrics that it can record include body age, BMR, protein, water, bone mass, BMI, fat, weight, muscle, and visceral fat.
The star feature of this body fat scale is its lower power MCU and HY3116-24 bit conversion chip. This is outstanding since most scales only have a 12-bit conversion processing chip.
What does this feature mean for you and your client? Simple. This seemingly complicated feature means one thing—this scale can provide your measurements with higher precision.
Oh, let us not forget about the scale’s 5-year warranty, which is considered to be the best and longest in the industry. Since you will be using this scale quite often and for a long time, you can make the most out of this long warranty.
- The scale comes in two colors—black and white.
- It also comes with a free return and exchange policy within 30 days.
- Using the app, you can set reminders to weigh yourself at certain times of the day.
- It has a padded grip designed to keep it steady while you’re standing on it.
- Navigating the app is a bit challenging.
- Shoes leave unwanted marks on the white scale.
3. Inevifit EROS Body Fat Scale
So far, the Inevifit Eros is the body fat scale that can measure the most number of metrics—13. These metrics include weight, body fat, BMI, subcutaneous body fat, fat-free body weight, body water, visceral fat, skeletal muscle, body water, bone mass, muscle mass, and BMR. Metabolic age, and protein.
All metrics are automatically synced and saved in the app once you step on the scale. This can help your client to establish a consistent weighing routine, no matter how busy they are.
If accuracy is your main concern, the device’s measurements are within 0.2 lb accurate. This is because of their Advanced user profiles of its app. In addition to bioelectrical impedance, the app also factors in the user’s age, gender, height, and activity level to deliver more accurate body composition results.
Same with the Yunmai Body Fat Scale, this is also covered by a 5-year warranty, which is 4 years longer than the warranties provided by other companies.
- It has the highest maximum weight capacity on this list.
- The app comes with an athlete mode option, which allows the app to deliver accurate body metrics for athletes.
- The manufacturer offers 7-day USA customer support to help you set up the device properly.
- Its app is easy to navigate and displays measurements in easy-to-understand charts.
- The device already comes with 3 AAA batteries.
- The app plays a negative sound when you gain weight, which may make you feel worse.
- The honeycomb design of the scale may not suit everyone’s personal preference.
4. RENPHO Smart Body Fat Scale
Here’s another body fat scale designed to measure 13 key body composition metrics, including skeletal muscle, body weight, body fat %, BMI, Water %, fat-free body weight, bone mass, muscle mass, protein, visceral fat, subcutaneous fat, BMR, and metabolic age.
Let’s start with the scale’s appearance. It features a durable tempered glass with a minimalist design that will surely fit into any home décor.
But wait, there’s more to this body fat scale than just a stylish appearance. This body fat scale is designed with accuracy and consistency in mind.
The manufacturer added 4 precision sensors and 4 electrodes, which can read measurements in 0.2 lb increments. To ensure accuracy, the user need to step on all these sensor points.
And of course, we need to talk about the app. The app syncs to the weighing scale realtime and can accommodate different profiles. With this, you can create separate profiles for your clients which will make it easier for you to easily check their metrics and track their progress.
- It is one of the most affordable body fat scales in the market.
- The scale comes in two color options—white and black.
- It provides the highest number of metrics to the user.
- All the measurements are automatically forwarded to the app once you step into the scale.
- The app’s language is available in German.
- While an unlimited number of people can use this device, the measurements can be synced only on one device.
- People with small feet will have problems making contact with all four sensors of the device.
What to Look For in a BIA Scale
Body fat scales operate in the same way. All of them contain sensors placed in the area where you position your feet during the weighing process.
Once you step on the scale, the scale will produce a small electric current that will run up your leg and then across your pelvis. Along the way, the current will encounter varying levels of resistance, depending on the water content of your fat and muscles.
To obtain the needed body composition measurements, the sensors underneath your feet measure the amount of resistance the current met as it travels back to your feet.
But if these scales have the same mechanism of action, why do their prices vary? Well, other factors affect the scales’ prices. You must keep in mind these considerations to determine which is the best body fat scale for you. Here they are:
- Frequencies: Body fat scales come in two types—those that use single frequency and others that use multiple frequencies in measuring your body composition statistics. The number of frequencies that the scale uses determines how accurate the readings are.
With that in mind, it has been noted that multifrequency scales deliver more accurate measurements. This is because multifrequency scales use both high and low frequencies, which allow the scales to measure both intracellular and extracellular water inside the body more effectively.
- Types and Number of Body Composition Metrics: The capabilities and outputs that body fat scales can produce will vary. The basic ones will provide you information only about your body fat percentage. In contrast, others would include more sophisticated metrics like lean body mass, basal metabolic rate, protein, visceral fat, and many more.
The more information the scale can give you, the more accurately you can assess your client’s overall health and weight. But of course, the more information the scale offers, the more expensive it will be.
- Wireless Smartphone Connectivity: Body fat scales with connectivity features will allow you to link the results to an app you can download on your tablet or smartphone. The app will not just show your results but store previous results as well. With this feature, you can easily track your clients’ measurements and progress.
- Number of User Profiles: Anyone can use the scale to get their needed measurements. Unfortunately, only a few can have their measurement history stored in the app.
The number of user-profiles indicates the number of saved sets of individual information. As a fitness coach who deals with different clients, the body scale that can store the highest number of user-profiles possible would be most beneficial for you.
- Maximum Weight Capacity: This refers to the maximum weight that the body fat scale can accommodate and measure. The higher its capacity is, the more useful it will be for you.
Which is the Best Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis Scale for Fitness Professionals?
All of the best bioelectrical impedance analysis scales provide an extensive range of body composition metrics, have high weight capacity, accommodates multiple users, and can be connected to smartphones and different types of fitness devices.
But which of these is the best bioelectrical impedance analysis scale for fitness instructiors? For us, it is the Inevifit EROS Body Fat Scale because it measures the most number of metrics and has the highest maximum weight capacity of them all.
As a fitness professional, you will be dealing with lots of clients so you would need a body fat scale with high weight capacity. And with the in-depth metrics that the Inevifit body fat scale can give you, you will have all the information needed to create and tweak workout and diet plans that will suit your clients’ fitness goals.
Do you want to know the best news? It’s affordable too!
So what are you waiting for? Get one now so you can be one step closer to helping your clients reach their fitness goals!