If you’re offering rehabilitation services for personal training clients, an inversion table is one of the most valuable investments you can ever have.
Does the inversion table help lower back pain? Yes, it does, If you have clients suffering from lower back pain, utilizing inversion therapy may help address their condition.
How to use an inversion table for lower back pain? This reclining table puts the user in an inverted position to reverse the effect of gravity and decompress the spine. It also helps to stretch the soft tissues and muscles surrounding the spine. This removes the pressure off the spine- the main culprit of back pain.
If you’re planning on investing in this equipment, be sure to keep reading. Everything you need to find the best inversion table for lower back pain is right here.
Best Inversion Table for Lower Back Pain Comparison Table
4 Best Inversion Tables for Lower Back Pain Under $300!
If you want an inversion table that is heavy-duty and affordable, you’ve come to the right place! Check out our top 4 inversion tables below!
1) Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Table
- Material Type: Foam
- Sport Type: Excercise & Fitness
Let’s start with the most affordable option in the list—this Innova Inversion Table. Despite its low price, this is possibly one of the most durable and heavy-duty inversion tables.
With its adjustable height, footrest, and headrest, it’s also one of the most versatile inversion tables we’ll review. Let’s also not forget that it offers 6 angle positions, which is quite a fantastic option for gym use.
The table is also equipped with some of the most advanced features you’ll only expect to find in high-end tables. For one, it has a pin-slot mechanism that allows you to change the angle of the table consistently and safely.
Its main highlight is no other than its True Balance system, which allows users to adjust the table’s dimensions to suit their body shapes to enjoy a smooth, safe, and well-balanced inversion no matter their height.
- It also has a wide padded backrest for a comfortable inversion session.
- The reversible ankle holding system delivers a more comfortable inversion experience.
- It features three adjustable structures—height, footrest, and headrest, to manage the center of gravity regardless of your clients’ heights.
- Its soft foam handlebars promote a comfortable and better grip.
- Built to last with its heavy-duty steel frame construction.
- Not designed to accommodate accessories.
- It’s bulky and heavy, so it’s a bit difficult to store.
2) Teeter EP-560 Ltd. Inversion Table
- FDA REGISTERED 510(k) DEVICE: Teeter is the ONLY FDA registered inversion table. Indicated for back pain, muscle tension, herniated disc, sciatica, muscle spasm
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 84″ L x 29″ W x 86″ H | Folded: 20″ x 28.8″ x 66″ | Weight: 59.0 lbs.
- CAPACITY: Height capacity: 4’8″ – 6’6″ | Weight capacity: 300 lbs.
- QUICK ASSEMBLY: Easy 5-step, 13-minute assembly – tools included
- PREMIUM FEATURES: Acupressure Nodes (8) in varied heights for trigger-point release and focused relief. Lumbar Bridge with adjustable arch for added traction and support
The Teeter Inversion Table is one of the best built and designed inversion tables in the market today, and the FDA agrees! It’s the only FDA-approved inversion table currently available.
This is also the easiest inversion table to use—from the assembly to the operation. With its pre-set rotation and precision balancing system, you can use your arms to fully control the table and enjoy the smoothest inversion experience ever. This is also the only brand that lets you lock out while you’re fully inverted!
It’s also equipped with the Ergo-embrace supports designed to fit your ankles’ shape and size snugly. The wrap-around straps are lined with foam for your comfort. It’s locked in place using a spring-loaded pin for your safety.
Designed to take your inversion experience to a whole new level, it includes a lumbar bridge and 8 acupressure nodes that further eliminate excess pressure and tension from your back.
- The tables are easy to fold for storage.
- With its 5-step, 13-minute, tool-free assembly process, you can get it up and running in no time.
- The table features heavy-gauge steel frame construction for durability.
- It also has plenty of safety features, including specialized pivot bearings, cam locks, and auto-lock hinges.
- The table’s design is UL-certified and is backed by 5-year protection.
- Includes access to useful inversion table resources, including the TeeterLink app and online video and DVD support.
- It’s a bit expensive.
- The table isn’t lightweight.
3) Ironman Gravity Inversion Table
- Sturdy inversion table that may help reducing back stress and stimulating circulation
- Removable lumbar pillow provides extra comfort for lower back support while inverting
- Tough rubber non-skid floor stabilizers. Inverts up to 90 degrees; It has a 2.5 inch thick Memory-Foam vinyl covered backrest to provide superior comfort
- Assembled Dimensions: 49″L x 26″W x 65″H | Folded Dimensions: 80″H x 26″W x 17″D
- Weight Capacity – Supports up to 350 pounds
This inversion table lives up to its brand, Ironman, because it’s one of the inversion tables with the highest maximum capacity in the list. While the first two have a capacity of 300 lbs, this can accommodate users for up to 350 lbs, so if you have some heavyweight clients, you may want to consider this product.
Even though it has a sturdy construction, it has plenty of features that can make the inversion experience comfortable. For one, it uses the Airsoft ankle holder, which is auto form-fitting, so it won’t pinch on or cause pain to your ankles. The best thing is this ankle’s locking system is palm activated, and within reach, so you can easily adjust it.
It also has padded extra-long safety handles that you can use to bring the table back to its original position.
- It showcases an oversized and extra thick memory foam backrest for extra back comfort.
- The table also includes a removable lumbar pillow for lower back support.
- With its robust two-piece ratchet design, you’re assured that the table is built to last.
- Its double-lock ratchet tooth mechanism ensures the user’s safety and is secured during the inversion process.
- The table has a high maximum weight capacity.
- The table is somewhat difficult to assemble.
- Its thick padding makes it bulky, even when folded.
4) Exerpeutic 975 SL Inversion Table
- Your purchase includes One Exerpeutic Inversion Table, 975SL model
- Inversion Table dimensions – 58.3″ W x 75.6″ L x 31″ H | User Height – 4’10” to 6’6” | User max weight capacity – 350 lbs. | Table weight – 74.1 lbs.
- Patented stretch handles for easy body positioning, and tough rubber non-skid floor stabilizers to prevent any movement during inversion
- Diverse Inversion angles – Our US and international patented control Disk Brake System is easy to lock and unlock at “Infinite” inverting angles
- Easy reach ‘Palm Activated’ Surelock adjustable ratchet ankle locking system. Ergonomically molded ankle cushions hold ankles securely and comfortably
Exerpeutic is known for delivering fitness equipment that is durable, ergonomic, and highly advanced. This inversion table is no exception as it’s equipped with patented comfort and safety features as well as a secure locking mechanism.
It has the iControl Disk Brake System that allows you to lock and unlock the table without the need to dismount from it. That’s not all. This brake system also provides you with infinite inverting angles (until you reach 180), so you’re not limited to only a few preset angle positions!
The table also has the Airsoft Technology, which lets air flow into the chambers to the Airsoft Cushioned Ankle Holders so they can fit the shape of your ankles securely.
The table’s stretch handles allow you to position your body quickly and comfortably.
- The large backrest is padded with 2.3-inch thick foam for back comfort and support.
- Its double-lock tooth mechanism is safer and secure than the one-tooth mechanisms.
- The molded ankle cushions secure your ankle in the most comfortable manner.
- This is one of the two tables on the list that offers the highest weight limit.
- It comes with non-skid rubber floor stabilizers to prevent the table from moving.
- The company’s customer service could be better.
- Assembly may be complicated and take quite a bit of time.
How to Choose the Best Inversion Table
To make the most of your investment, you need to consider what you need in an inversion table. As a fitness trainer, you may want a space-saving and portable stand to fit your gym or studio. Additionally, you may need a reasonably-priced inversion table as they can be quite costly.
Also, keep in mind that the quality and durability of the table determines your clients’ safety and health. You don’t want the inversion table to fall apart or collapse while in use. That’s why it’s essential to ensure that you’ll buy a high-quality table to suit your clients’ needs. To do that, here are some of the factors you need to look for:
To ensure safety, you need to look for two things—safe design and safety features.When it comes to design, there are two things that you should look for. First is the UL third-party certification, which indicates that the table’s design has passed safety and endurance testing.
Second, you should also look for FDA registration. This type of certification means that the FDA has verified and approved the table’s use for the benefits it claims to deliver.
Some of the safety features to look for are locking mechanisms, safety straps, anti-skid mat, auto-lock hinges, and balancing system.
You’d be working with lots of clients, so you need an adjustable and versatile inversion table that can accommodate your clients’ different heights, weights and body types.
That’s why you should choose a table with the highest maximum user height and weight capacity. You should also select an inversion table that has adjustable headrest, footrest, and height.
Inversion Angles and Type of Inversion System
As much as possible, choose a table that offers plenty of inversion positions. You should also check if the table is capable of inverting to 180 degrees.
The equipment’s inversion system must also be easy to operate. Look for ones that won’t require you to get off the table to invert the machine.
The safest and more advanced inversion system is the pin-locking mechanism. However, this allows you to only invert in pre-set angles. On the other hand, the leather strap system is not convenient, but it offers more versatility when it comes to inversion angles.
For a comfortable session, you should look at two things—the back pad and ankle support. The backrest must be thick, padded, wide and has headrests and adjustable lumbar support.
On the other hand, ankle support ensures not just comfort but safety as well. The most popular type of ankle support is cuffs as they distribute weight more evenly.
Your clients’ safety—this should be your biggest priority when choosing an inversion table. Everything else, even budget, is just secondary.
Lucky for you, we have inversion tables that provide the best of both worlds! For this roundup, we have two winners. Our best pick is Teeter EP-560 Ltd. Inversion Table because it’s the only FDA-registered inversion table in the market. If you want to accommodate your clients on the heavy side, we recommend the Exerpeutic 975 SL Inversion Table because of its high maximum weight capacity and infinite inverting angles.
In addition to using an inversion table to relieve lower back pain, you can also use it for strength training, especially core workouts. With its versatility, it’s certainly worth the investment. Expand your gym or studio as soon as possible and get this valuable piece of equipment right away!